1981 - The Comp. was incorporated as a private limited Comp. under
the Companies Act, 1956 on 17th June, under the name of 'Elbee
Services Private Limited'.
1990 - The Comp. became a deemed Public Limited Comp. u/s 43A of the
Companies Act, 1956 with effect from 1st July, & the word
'Private' was deleted in the certificate of incorporation.
1992 - The Comp. became a full fledged Public Limited Comp. by
passing a special resolution on 30th April by adopting a new
set of Articles of Association. Hereinafter referred to as
'Elbee' or 'the Company'.
1994 - The Comp. proposes to construct, on a plot of land acquired on
perpetual lease at a prime location i.e. next to the domestic
airport in Mumbai, a state-of-the-art HUB.
- The Comp. set up a Central Pickup Unit in Mumbai which enables
the Comp. to provide a guaranteed one hour pick up its clients
located anywhere in Mumbai.
- The Comp. signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian
Railways to lease out cargo space on express passenger trains on
a daily basis.
- The Comp. has alloted, 1,00,000 - 12% Unsecured Non-Convertible
Debentures [NCDs] of Rs. 100/- each aggregating to Rs. 100 lacs
with ten detachable Warrants attached to each such NCD to the
core promoters, on 30th May.
1995 - The public issue of 1,700,000 equity shares of Rs. 10/- each for
cash at a premium of Rs. 130/- per share aggregating to Rs. 2380
lacs received an overwhelming response from the public.
1996 - The Comp. has entered into a Joint Venture agreement with CSLB
Aviation Holdings [Mauritiuss] Limited [CSLBs].
1997 - The Comp. proposes to set up a new joint venture Comp. in
collaboration with United Parcel Service [UPSs] or any of its
affiliates to undertake a business pertaining to international
integrated transportation [of parcel & packagess] services.
- The setting up of new joint venture Comp. in collaboration
with UPS is likely to provide a boost/competitive edge to the
Comp. in respect of aforesaid business.
- Elbee Express Services, one of leading courier companies in
the country, is likely to sign a joint venture agreement with
global courier major United Parcel Service [UPSs] of US.
1998 - Elbee Services proposed 50:50 joint venture, United Parcel
Services [UPSs], is expected to be operational by April.
1999 - Courier major Elbee Services & Emery Worldwide [Indias] have
signed a memorandum of understanding [MoUs] for a strategic
alliance to provide global customers a single-window intergrated
logistics solutions in India.
- Elbee is proposing to form five wholly owned subsidiaries to set
up intra-city operations in Mumbai, New Delhi, Calcutta, Chennai
2000 - Mumbai-based courier major Elbee Services [ESLs] has tied
up with the leading Comp. in south India The Franch Express
- Elbee Services Limited has signed an agreement with the
financial major ICICI Limited to provide logistic support
- The Comp. has launched elbeenet.com which will provide
logistics solutions to portals.
- The Comp. has proposal of issue of equity shares/PCDs/FCDs on
private placement basis to FIIs, MFs, OCBs, Corporate Bodies and
other strategic investors, Maximum shares arising out of this
issue/conversion not to exceed 85,00,000 shares in numbers.
- The Comp. has signed an agreement with TNT India which will
enable the courier giant to access TNT global network.
- The Comp. has successfully completed the first tranche of
preferential private placement of equity share worth Rs 37 crore
with ICICI, UTI & Tata Finance at a price of Rs 171 per share.
- The Comp. has tied up with YV Palande Consultants, a regional
courier service provider in Maharashtra.
- The Comp. has entered into a strategic alliance with BAX Global India,
part of US-based conglomerate Pittston Company, to jointly provide
- Elbee Services Ltd has entered into a memorandum of understanding with DHL
Worldwide Express, a division of AFL Ltd.