1970 - The Comp. was incorporated. The Comp. manufactures beer like ale, draught,
porter and layer.
1978 - During the year the Comp. introduced a new brand viz '7 Star Super Strong
Lager Beer'. The Comp. also manufactures well known & popular brands of beer
viz pals, Pals Premium, Knockout, Cobra, etc.
- The Comp. is in collaboration with M/s CEREKEM of Denmark.
1981 - MBL set up Pals Distilleries to produce whiskies & other alcoholic beverages
1991 - The Comp. has acquired the shares of Comp. 'MBL Property Developers Pvt. Ltd.'
& the latter became the subsidiary of company.
- The Comp. exported sea-foods and beer during the year under reference. Efforts are
being made to increase the export.
1993 - The Comp. has been granted a Letter of Intent by Ministry of Industry, Government of
India for establishing a brewery in Nalgonda District of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Directors have formed a New Comp. in the name & style of MBL [APs] Breweries
- The Company subsidiary are M/s. Pals Distilleries Limited, M/s.Pals Food and Beverages
Limited & MBL Property Developers Ltd.
1994 - During the year, Andhra Pradesh Government has taken over the liquor trade & formed
a Corporation to market the IMFL products in the State.
- During the year under reference, the Comp. has issued Bonus Shares in the ratio of
1:1 by capitalising the entire balance of Capital Reserve Account & part of amount
from General Reserve Account aggregating to Rs.54,03,000/-.
1996 - The MBL [APs] BREWERIES LTD, group Comp. has received the extension of its
brewery licence in Andhra Pradesh upto November.
- The KIADB had allotted about 5 acres of land at Kunigal Industrial area, Kunigal.
- The manufacture of Beer is done with in-house know-how & there is no technology
- Shri G.NARAYANASWAMY and Shri K.P.SANKARAN Retires by rotation & being eligible
they offer themselves for re-appointment.
- MBL set up a Rs.1.0 crore mineral water-bottling plant [capacity :20,000 bottles/dayss] at
Koonigal Hills close to Bangalore city in March 1996.
1997 - During the year, the Comp. has declared Bonus Shares in the ratio of 1:1 by
capitalising the part of amount from General Reserve Account aggregating to
- The Comp. continues to produce the mineral water with the brand name
'STREAM' & the product is well received by market.
- The Comp. has come out in the month of May with a public issue of 29,75,000 No. of
equity shares of Rs.10/- each at a Premium of Rs.15/- per share. The Paid-Up capital
after the public issue is Rs.6,30,25,000/-.
- Shri T. Shamanna, Chairman of Board of Directors of Comp. passed away in
the early hours of 15th August. He was one of Directors since the inception of
Comp. & was Chairman of Comp. from the year 1988.
- Mysore Breweries limited [MBLs] sells its beer under the cobra, Pals & Knockout brand
- MBL operates with an installed capacity of brewing 2,50,000 hectolitres of beer.
- MBL has a distribution agreement with Maison Caurette - one of major importers of
UK for its brands.
1999 - Mysore Breweries Ltd [MBLs] has launched a strong beer under the brand name
`Palisade' in the United States. The beer was introduced in both northern & southern
- The lager is being manufactured at Riva Breweries in Belgium under a technical tie-up with MBL.
2000 - The Bangalore-based Mysore Breweries has launched its premium
brand beer -- Bengal Premium Lager -- in the UK market.
- Mysore Breweries Ltd managing director KP Balasubramaniam has been asked to step down by new owners of company, South African Breweries