- The Comp. was incorported on 18th September, & obtained the
Certificate of Commencement of Business on 12th October, 1984. It was
promoted by Jaisinh Kanji Sampat, Chatrabhuj Kanji Sampat & Dilip
- The Comp. carry on business as printers, publishers of educati
books, newspapers, journals, etc. A new printing press was set up at
Dantali in Gujarat incorporating latest printing technology and
performing varied production functions like printing, binding, etc.
- 70 No. of equity shares subscribed for by Signatories to the
Memorandum of Association. 4,99,930 No. of equity shares then issued
at par of which 1,99,930 shares were reserved & allotted to
promoters, directors, friends, etc. The remaining 3,00,000 shares were
offered for public subscription during November 1984 [all were taken
- 12,00,000 Rights equity shares were offered at par in prop. 12:5
during January 1987 [all were taken ups].
- The Comp. has changed its name from Bookwing Publications and Trading
Co. limited to Navneet Publications [Indias] limited with effect from 22nd
- The Comp. has set up export division to export paper stationery
products during the year.
- The Comp. installed computerised weighing system to check the
wastage & effect corrective actions. One photo type setting machine,
imported from USA was installed.
- The Comp. has entered into agreement with the publishers, acquiring
licence to publish more than 2000 titles.
- The Comp. was successfully implemented its
expansion-cum-diversification project. The Comp. is setting up an
additional unit at Daman for manufacturing paper stationery items and
educational books involving a total project outlay of Rs 700 lakhs.
- 15,00,000 shares allotted at par to publishers & their nominees.
15,52,400 shares issued to public [prem. Rs 50 per shares] through
- 16,00,000 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 10
per share allotted on conversion of Fully Convertible Debentures.
- The Comp. is setting up an additional unit at Daman for
manufacturing paper stationery items & educational books1.
- The Comp. has installed 4 Wind Electric Generators.
- 31,76,200 No. of equity shares allotted as bonus shares in the ratio
- The Comp. also installed a state-of-the-art `Notebook-On-Line'
machine, in the year, at Daman.
- The Comp. had signed the agreement with the National security
Depository limited [NSDLs]
- CRISIL has re-assigned its highest rating of P1+ [pronounced as P one
pluss] for commercial paper programme of company, indicating
- The Comp. was selected to receive the Analyst Award 1999 from the
Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India.
- The Comp. has acquired three registered trademarks Navneet, Vikas
and Gala from three partnership firms.
- The Comp. has decided to open the chain book stores throughout the
country & has made a foray into electronic publishing with the launch
of their first interactive CD-Rom, titled `The World of Talking
- The Comp. has set up a new business unit of electronic publishing,
to keep pace with technology.
- The P1+ rating assigned to the CP issue of Comp. has been
reaffirmed by Crisil.
- Navneet Publication [Indias] Ltd., has tied up with the Singapore
Tourism Board [STBs] to celebrate the Millenniamania, a series of events
- The Comp. has acquired 100 per cent equity shares of Navneet
Edutauinment limited Accordingly, Navneet Edutainment Ltd has become 100
per cent subsidiary of company.
- The Comp. has been allotted 49,98,500 No. of equity shares of Rs
10/- each [Rs. 3/- per share paid-ups] of Navneet Edutainment Limited, a
wholly owned subsidiary of company
- The Comp. has introduced another book in its ongoing series, A
Vision of India.
- Navneet Edutainment Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of company,
allotted 1,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each to Nilesh S.,
Shah, Management Consultants, on March 29, 2001
-Commences Commercial Production at Silvassa unit II of company, for manufacturing of range of stationary products.
-The members approves the delisting of equity shares of Comp. from the Ahmedabad stock exchange & Saurashtra Kutch Stock Exchange Ltd.
-Equity shares delisted from Ahmedabad Stock Exchange
-Delists securities from the Saurashtra Kutch Stock Exchange Ltd w.e.f. March 31, 2005.
-Navneet Publications limited has appointed Mr. Amit D. Buch has as the Comp. Secretary & Compliance Officer of Comp. w.e.f. 4th June 2007.