- The Comp. was incorporated on 27th, June, at Mumbai, & obtained
the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 5th July. Rolta India
Limited [ROLTAs] has been promoted by Shri K.K. Singh a technocrat and
businessman who has over two decades of experience in business. The
Company is engaged in Distribution of CAD/CAM systems, manufacture of
engineering workstations & net work servers, & export of software
- The company activities include software exports to USA, Europe and
Australia, hardware maintenance & software support to large installed
base of intergraph systems in India & data processing centre
specialising in inter branch reconciliation operations of banks.
- The existing group of companies viz. Rolta Computer and Industries Pvt.
Ltd., Rolta Leasing and Holdings Ltd., Rolta Investments limited & Rolta
Consultancy Services Pvt. limited were amalgamated with Rolta India
Limited on 26th October.
- The Comp. entered into an agreement with Intergraph Corporation,
USA, for supply of technology for manufacture of engineering
work stations & net work servers.
- The Comp. undertook a project to manufacture engineering
workstations & net work servers at TTC industrial area in New Mumbai.
- The Comp. set up a network of sales/marketing & support offices
at 23 different locations in India. A full-fledged marketing office
was also opened in Washington D.C., USA.
- The Comp. also launched a local vendor development programme to
work with the local suppliers to help improve quality, productivity,
tooling methods & product flexibility as necessary.
- The Rolta Group companies, namely, Rolta Investments Pvt. Ltd., Rolta
Leasings & Holdings Ltd., Rolta Computers & Industries, Pvt. Ltd.,
and Rolta Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd., were merged with the Company
with effect from 1st August.
- The Comp. issued for every one equity share of each of the
erstwhile four companies, 2 equity shares to RIPL, 2 equity share to
RLHL, 30 equity shares to RCIL & 1 equity shares to RCSPL.
Accordingly 1,55,37,662 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each were
allotted as fully paid-up without payment in cash to the shareholders
of RIPL, RLHL, RCIL & RCSPL.
- Two new entry-level workstations, namely Rolta Station 386/486, were
added to the existing range of products.
- The Comp. issued 15,00,000-14% secured fully convertible debentures
of Rs 100 each for cash of which 4,50,000 debentures were reserved for
preferential allotment as follows:
- [is] 1,50,000 debentures to Mutual Funds;
- [iis] 75,000 debentures to employees of Company, and
- [iiis] 2,25,000 debentures to NRIs with repatriation rights. The
remaining 10,50,000 debentures were offered for public subscription.
Additional 2,25,000 debentures allotted to retain oversubscription
[11,550 debentures to NRIs, 425 debentures to employees & 2,13,025
debentures to publics].
- As per the term of issue, part-A of Rs 60 of each debenture was
converted into six equity shares of Rs 10 each at par on the date of
allotment of debentures, i.e., 22nd October.
- Part-B of Rs 40 of each debenture will be converted into equity
shares at a price to be deermined by CCI on the expiry of 30 months
from the date of allotment of debentures. Accordingly 27,74,950 No. of
equity shares allotted on conversion of debentures at a premium of Rs
30 per share.
- During August, the Comp. offered out of their holding for sale
57,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each for cash at par as
- [is] 2,87,500 shares to employees/workers of Company;
- [iis] 7,50,000 shares to NRIs on repatriation basis; and
- [iiis] 47,12,500 shares to public. All the shares were taken up
entirely in each category.
- Two new systems for business applications in the form of Rolta
station 386B/486B were introduced. The Comp. also launched two new
workstations, namely Rolta station 7400 & 6400. A modern & upto
date Data conversion centre was established at Andheri, Mumbai. A
direct satellite communication link was also established between the
Mumbai facility & U.S. subsidiary facility at Alabama.
- The Comp. incorporated in USA a wholly owned subsidiary in the name
of `Rolta International Inc' with a capital outlay of US $2 million for
providing engineering software & services to its overseas customers
- During October the Comp. issued 77,66,336 No. of equity shares of
Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 20 per share on rights basis in the
proportion of 3:10. All were taken up.
- A new Office Automation division was started to market full range of
Intel based Computer system with suitable application packages for
business & commercial applications.
- A prestigious global order was received for AM/FML utilities
Management/CAD conversion project in Saudi Arabia.
- During the year, the Comp. introduced technical desk top series of
power stations with Intel Pentium processor. The Comp. introduced an
integrated modular transaction based on true on-line banking software
called `Robust', working under the latest operating system from
Microsoft viz. Windows NT. A distribution agreement was entered into
with QMS, USA, for introduction of heavy duty laser printer raning from
10 PPM to 38 PPM print speeds & handling a range of paper sizes from
B5 to A3.
- The Comp. had negotiated a strategic tie up with Dell Computer
Corporation for distribution & support of its products in India
including High and Dual QUAD Pentium Processor Servers, Webservers,
Opliplex range of desk tops etc.
- The Comp. undertook to set up a joint venture in Saudi Arabia to
cater to the vast markets in the Middle East.
- The Comp. issued 84,56,350 No. of equity shares at a premium of
private placement basis with FIIS & others aggregating Rs 26.40
- The Comp. also issued & allotted 25,00,000 zero interest secured
fully convertible debentures of Rs 15 each on private placement basis.
These were converted into 25,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each
at a premium of Rs 5 per share within 18 months from the date of
allotment of debentures i.e. 1.7.94. Accordingly 25,00,000 shares
- The Comp. entered into a collaboration agreement with M/s.
Intergraph Corporation, USA, for ongoing transfer of technology thereby
giving the benefit of Research & Development Investment of Intergraph
and also covers all new products launched by Intergraph.
- The Comp. focussed its attention on 3D plant modelling and
conversion services for plant design photogrammetry, as-built
visualization, etc. The Comp. undertook to augment the
State-of-the-art production facilities in Mumbai for executing export
- 50,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted or exercise of warrants.
- The Comp. has set up a wholly owned subsidiary, Rolta International
Inc. with headquarters in the USA & a subsidiary in Saudi Arabia.
- Rolta India had signed a strategic tie up with one of Fortune 500
list of most admired companies, DELL Computer Corporation.
- The Comp. is an ISO 9001 certified company.
- Rolta, is the number one Comp. dedicated to CAD/CAM/GIS Interactive
Graphics. It is also a leading global supplier of AM/FM & CAD/CAM
services. It was ranked amongst the top 20 computer system vendors in
India by well known Computer Today Magazine.
- RIL has formed a subsidiary in Amsterdam to exploit European markets.
- RIL has a collaboration with Inter graph Corp Inc, a Comp. which
has 90 per cent share in the global business of CAD/CAM.
- The Comp. has entered into mapping & data conversion in a big way
for the export markets.
- Rolta India has also taken up an expansion project to provide 2D/3D
plant modelling & conversion of P&ID into intelligent database for
plant maintenance worldwide.
- Rolta has set up three subsidiaries outside India -- Rolta
International Incorporated in the US, Rolta Europe in the Netherlands
and Rolta Saudi Arabia.
- The Comp. has also set up a 10-member team initially to provide the
- Rolta, on its part, has set up engineering & software centres in
Mumbai to support projects.
- The Comp. has collaborated with ALLTE, a US-based telecom company,
to convert telephone exchange records into Unix/Oracle database.
- Rolta India will launch its Internet services, RoltaNet in August.
- Rolta India & Parametric Technology Corporation [PTCs] have entered
into a strategic alliance to promote advanced solutions in mechanical
design automation [MDAs] in the country.
- Reclassification of present authorised capital of Comp. by
converting the preference capital of Rs. 10,00,00,000/- into equity
- The Comp. Issue equity shares on preferential basis by way of
ADR/GDR/Private placement to FIs/FIIs/ Bodies Corporate/other
- The Comp. is set to roll out its `Rolta-Pass 4-in-1' Internet
package at Rs 996 for 400 hours that can be shared by four individuals
from different locations.
- IBM India Ltd has entered in a strategic alliance with Rolta India
limited to pursue the e-business market in India, to provide customised
e-business solutions to domestic customers.
-Rolta is ranked amongst Forbes Global 200 best companies in 2002 & it
retains its position as in premier league.
-Rolta India Ltd launches its operation in UK, through a wholly owned subsidiary
Rolta UK Ltd.
-Rolta Ltd offers Rolta Tel plus - an easy to use scheme whereby users can make
international calls from their regular telephone instrument.
-Rolta India informs that it is in first 250 list of Deloitte Touche Tomatsu Asia-pacific
Technology Fast 500.
-Rolta launches new dial-up internet packages with a range of features & options.
-Rolta India Ltd signs the memorandum of Understanding with Department of Science
and Technology to jointly showcase the contribution made by Indian mapping community.
-Rolta India Ltd has featured amongst the 200 best companies, making it for third time in a row.
-Stone and Webster Engineering Projects Private Limited, ['Stone and Webster's], & Rolta have entered into a memorandum of understanding for a strategic business alliance pursuant to which Stone and Webster & Rolta Limited are to form a joint venture Comp. in India.
- Delists shares from three Stock Exchanges:
as] The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad
bs] Bangalore Stock Exchange Ltd
cs] The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd
-Shaw Group Inc affiliate Stone and Webster Inc [Stone and Websters] & Rolta sets up Joint Venture Comp. in India
-Rolta India receives BS ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification
-The Mumbai-based Rolta, a leading IT services provider, has inked a purchase agreement to buy Orion Technology, a Canadian software & integration company. Orion specialises in enterprise web-geographical information system solutions.
-Rolta India Ltd on January 23, 2008 has announced the acquisition of Broech Corporation, doing business as 'TUSC', an IT Consulting Comp. specializing in ERP applications as well as Database & Business Intelligence solutions based on Oracle technologies.
-Rolta India Ltd has appointed Ms. Preetha Pulusani as whole time Director designated as Joint Managing Director of Comp. from March 01, 2008.
-Rolta India Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of Comp. at its meeting held on April 17, 2008, inter alia, has appointed Mr. V K Chopra as an Independent Director on the Board of Company.
-Mumbai: Rolta India has bought the US-based business intelligence vendor WhittmanHart Consulting.
-The Comp. has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.